I took a different approach to this project than to the others we have done in the class. I was initially, and still am, flooded with ideas of potential routes I could have taken. Several of which, strongly political, others more abstract. There is always this push pull when developing ideas for any art projects. On one hand it is nice to have a fully crystalized vision of what to do, then execute, exactly as planned. Although the viewer doesn’t know the difference, it is still the process. Sometimes that’s nice and sometimes that works out very well, but this time I took a different approach. The words “less thinking and more doing” resonated with me. Although there is a very delicate balance with “thinking less and doing more”. I took all of my initial ideas and threw them out the window. I wanted to build. I just wanted to do now, think later. Sometimes something has to come out, and the only way to let it out, is to just let it. I wanted to build something big, some sort of instillation for the classroom, so I started to in the corner. Thinking, I’ll leave that for now and pick up on it later, I never ended up going back to it. Then I came in on some day when there went any classes, I found a spool of wire, but no drill….so I couldn’t continue to further my initial idea. So in my neurotic most nature I just started bending wire all which ways and making a pseudo sculpture onto of the cabinet. I liked where it was going. Next class I began adding foam core shapes to it. I still liked where it was going. Then I realized I was making a wire mountain. I was thinking a lot of crystal growth, universal chaotic explosions (like supernovas) and mountains. Just getting back from a killer trip to Georgia for thanksgiving where I got to hike in the mountains, this was sitting really well with me. Then remembering one of my favorite parts of the trip, seeing the sun come up, I thought, “Well, I should probably add a half circle for a sun, that’d really tie it together”. So I did. While this was going on I was also pouring plaster into the plastic cups to hold wire vertical. I was thinking something along the lines of “illusory dream nets”. I wasn’t sure if they’d play into the mountain sculpture or not but I just kept going with it. Then after evaluating the materials used and what we had in the classroom, I figured I ought to add some plexi glass. So I started cutting. I then abounded the idea of putting the plexi in the mountain sculpture because I wanted to see if I could incorporate them in the wire/plaster molds. I had flashbacks to the mother in laws tongue in my room. Then I realized this is what I wanted to do. Make these things. The whole project was letting go of preconceived notions of what I thought I wanted to do in order for what needs to happen, to happen. Ideally these would be much larger with real glass.